Unfortunately, hackers have become very creative at finding new ways to steal from others. When you’re in the crypto trading industry, scammers will go to great lengths to steal your information. Phishing scams happen when an attacker tries to disguise themselves as trustworthy entities to trick you into giving them sensitive information. This info can then be used to enter your bitcoin UK account, gain access to your other devices, and steal your money. As your top crypto exchange company, CoinBurp is committed to keeping our community members safe. Practicing safe online habits is the best way to avoid falling victim to these scams.
Use these tips below to help ensure your Bitcoin and CoinBurp account remains protected.
- CoinBurp will never ask you for your passwords. Never give out your passwords to anyone who asks.
- CoinBurp will never ask you to remove or change your security settings.
- CoinBurp will never request access to your devices via remote desktop access software.
How to safely use coinburp.com
- Always navigate to CoinBurp by manually typing www.coinburp.com in your browser's address bar.
- Never click on links or search results that look like coinburp.com.
- Make sure that you are entering your sign-in credentials on www.coinburp.com and no other website that may look similar.
- To contact CoinBurp Support, always navigate to the website manually by typing support.coinburp.com into your browser's address bar. Never give out any information about your account unless you opened a ticket via this method.
- If you receive a CoinBurp Support email from any other address besides firstname.lastname@example.org, please delete it and do not click on any links that may be provided, as they are not legitimately from CoinBurp Support and should not be trusted.
- Be aware of man-in-the-middle attacks. An attacker intercepts emails from one party and relays them with certain amendments to the other party who believe they are communicating directly.
- CoinBurp does not provide any type of phone support.
- If you find a phone number associated with CoinBurp support online, it's a scam. Do not call it.
- If you accidentally called a scam number, please create a support ticket and let us know as many details as possible regarding the call.
- Our social media team only provides general support and an option to escalate your ticket using an online form.
- If someone claiming to work for CoinBurp contacts you on social media, never give them any information besides your issue’s ticket number.